Wednesday, April 24, 2013

3 more lessons from a chainsaw


3 more lessons from a chainsaw

It’s good to get away for a bit.  In that place of separation or space from the busyness of work there were a few other lessons I gleaned from my chainsaw.

  1. Place the chain in Someone’s hand.  Think about it.  The chainsaw can’t fix, sharpen, or even get off the housing by itself.  Allow another to help.  The handled life is the improved life.  Being in the Father’s hand is best.  He made me and knows the function of my life.  Not just anyone can waltz in and address one’s chainsaw, let alone one’s life!  Oh, but the help that is offered by someone who has understanding.  
  2. Sharpen the chain with the right tool:  “Iron sharpens iron” the scripture says (Proverbs 27:17).  Did you know the teeth on a chainsaw alternate?  Every other tooth has the “bite” on the right and the next tooth on the left.  To sharpen them it must be understood.  Like the saw, those who understand me are helpful to me.  I’m sharpened when challenged or encouraged with a good read, frank assessment, or even a timely caution.
  3. Put oil in it regularly.  I once loaned my saw to a neighbor.  When I went to use it, I noticed the teeth were gummed up, and the oil chamber was empty.  When I loaned it again, I explained it must be kept oiled, or it would over heat and become decreasingly effective.  He blushed.  Like me, he was on a learning curve about chainsaws. 

Abiding in Christ is the oil in my life.  Life is well-lubricated, not overheated, or gummed up when I am prayerful and in the Word.  My dependence on God’s Spirit throughout the day makes all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be reviewed by a moderator and posted as soon as possible. Thanks for stopping by!